Identify Test Conditions for the Withdrawal ‘Other Amount’ Feature. Functional Spec is available in the form of Use Case.
The bank card, account and PIN are valid.
1. Initiate Withdraw – Customer inserts bank card into ATM
2. Verify Bank Card – ATM reads the account code from the bank card and checks if it is valid.
3. Enter PIN – ATM asks for the customer’s PIN code (4 digits)
4. Verify PIN – PIN is verified to determine PIN entered is the valid PIN for the account.
5. ATM Options – ATM displays the different options available. In this flow, the bank customer selects “Withdraw Cash”
6. Select Amount – For this flow the customer selects Withdraw Other Amount option
7. Enter Amount – customer enters valid amount (less than daily withdrawal limit £300) and has sufficient funds in Account (£500)
8. Authorisation – ATM initiates verification process with the Bank system by sending the authentication credentials and Amount information as a transaction. For this flow, the Bank System responds with the Authorisation to complete the cash withdrawal successfully and updates the account balance accordingly.
9. Dispense – Money is dispensed.
10. Return Card – The Bank Card is returned.
11. Receipt – The receipt is printed and dispensed. ATM also updates the internal log.
Alternative Flow 1 – Daily maximum withdrawal amount reached
In Basic Flow Step 7 – customer enters more than daily withdrawal limit > £300
At Basic Flow Step 8 – Authorisation, the Bank system returns a code indicating that, including this request for withdrawal, the customer has exceeded the maximum amount allowed in a 24 hour period, the ATM displays the appropriate message and rejoins the Basic Flow at Step 7 – Enter Amount.
Alternative Flow 2 – Insufficient Funds in Account
At Basic Flow Step 8 – Authorisation, the Banksystem returns a code indicating the account balance is less than the amount entered in Basic Flow Step 7 – Enter Amount, the ATM displays the appropriate message and rejoins the Basic Flow at Step 7 – Enter Amount.
Alternative Flow 3 – ATM out of Money
At Basic Flow Step 5 – ATM Options, if the ATM is out of money, the “Cash Withdraw” option will not be available.
Alternative Flow 4 – Insufficient funds in ATM
At Basic Flow Step 6 – Enter Amount, if the ATM contains insufficient funds to dispense the requested amount, an appropriate message will be displayed, and rejoins the basic flow at Step 7 – Enter Amount.
Alternative Flow 5 – Cancel withdrawal
The customer can, at any time, decide to terminate the transaction (Cancel). The transaction is stopped and the card ejected.
Associated Business Requirements: WithdrawOther_BR011 & WithdrawOther_BR012