AUTOMATION TESTER COURSE – 2 MONTHS
(SELENIUM & CUCUMBER)
Work on an Automation Testing Project using Selenium & Cucumber
Firstly, the key objective of Automation Tester Course Online is to learn numerous Test Automation Tools and Skills from a Project Perspective and put the Project Essentials into practice based on hands-on Automation Testing Project Examples. This approach helps trainees to quickly and productively add Test Automation Tools in demand to CV instead of inefficiently spending several months learning them from a theory perspective.
Secondly, you would work on an Automation Testing Project using Cucumber BDD and Selenium Webdriver – which would be reviewed by a professional mentor
- Automation Tester Course Online includes 10 Sessions and 25 hours of content.
- Automation Testing Sessions covers Selenium, Cucumber, Git and Jenkins.
- Work on 1 Automation Testing project (hands-on) using Selenium WebDriver & Cucumber.
- Realistic and practical Automation Testing Course Online starting from the basics to advanced test automation skills from a project view point.
BENEFITS of our Automation Testing Course –
- REALISTIC: This is a realistic projects-driven workshop and aligns to industry standards and expectations. The Course starts with skills foundations from a project perspective and quickly jumps onto automation frameworks and projects hands-on walk through.
- MENTORING: You would get a mentor for 2 months who would support with any technical questions or issues that you cannot resolve (as we follow get-your-hands-dirty approach, as expected to become an Automation Tester).
- AUTOMATION TESTING PROJECT: Work on an end-to-end Automation Testing Project using Cucumber BDD and Selenium WebDriver and push the code to GitHub (like in real world!)
- PROJECT REVIEWED BY MENTOR: Your automation project shall be reviewed by an industry expert / your mentor and constructive feedback would be passed on for improvisation and optimisation (in line with industry standards)
- CHALLENGES: Not only that you would get to run through and practice the demonstrated project code, you would work on various practical test automation challenges – automation testing exercises and automation mini test projects.
- COMPETITIVE PRICE: Last but NOT the least, our (mentoring) price is highly competitive compared to other Trainers who would not provide most of the aforementioned benefits.
You should ideally have hands-on practical experience working on Manual Testing Projects before joining Automation Tester Training Online.
- You are eligible for “Automation Tester Workshop Completion Certificate” on successful completion of Test Automation Training Online and 1 Test Automation Project. 2 months Training timeline includes project evaluation too. Join our Automation Testing Course Online and become an automation tester
- Quickly and productively add Test Automation Tools and skills in demand to your CV
- Test Automation Training content designed by considering current software test automation tools in demand and the job market.
- Practical learning experience with live test automation frameworks, project work and examples.
A TYPICAL JOB SPEC FOR AUTOMATION TESTER ROLE
- Hands on experience of test automation using Selenium, Cucumber and Java.
- Hands on experience of Behavioural Driven Development BDD (using Cucumber & Gherkin).
- Experience of automation using Page object model.
- Identify test data requirements and implement tests to achieve test automation regression coverage.
- Recommend, implement improvements to test automation framework.
- Knowledge in test automation within a continuous integration environment using Jenkins.
- Experience in source code control using Git.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those seeking to move from manual testing to test automation development
- Test Automation Training Online is most suitable for Manual Testers who are aiming to break into Test Automation.
- Anyone seeking project based Automation Testing Course Online and hands-on approach should attend this Online Testing Training.
- Those wishing to increase their earning potential as IT companies prefer to hire Automation testers who are already trained and have prior test automation project experience.
TEST AUTOMATION SKILLS FOR CV
|Test Automation Tools||Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber BDD, JUnit, TestNG, Ant, Maven|
|Test Automation Frameworks||Hybrid framework, Page Object Model Design Pattern, Behaviour Driven Development Framework|
|Source Code Management & Continuous Integration||Git & Jenkins|
WHAT IS COVERED IN TEST AUTOMATION TRAINING?
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-1
- Test Automation Tools Overview
- JAVA Foundations from Test Automation Project perspective
- Selenium WebDriver Overview
- Test Automation Project Examples (Top-down, Test Automation Project delivery approach)
- Setting up Selenium WebDriver
- Transform a low level manual test case into Selenium WebDriver Test Automation script
- Selenium WebDriver & WebElement Interfaces
- Locators – Xpaths
- Developing customised XPATH
- Testing XPATH
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-2
- JUNIT Testing Framework
- Annotations & Assertions
- Selenium WebDriver Features
- Browser Compatibility
- Handling Dynamic Objects
- Waits – Implicit & Explicit Waits
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-3
- TestNG Testing Framework
- TestNG Features
- Selenium WebDriver Features extended
- Java Reflection
- Java Properties file for collating test environment variables and object repository
- Read-Write Excel (Apache POI API) and demonstration of Excel utility functions for reading test cases and test data from Excel file for running test automation scripts
- Data Driven Testing using DataProvider in conjunction with Apache POI API and excel utility
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-4
- Build Tools – Ant, Maven
- Maven Project and configuring Selenium WebDriver and other APIs using POM Dependencies and Plugins
- Selenium Project Examples – Automate Test Cases for various commercial web applications
- Reporting – Extent Reports
- Logs – Generating Log4J Logs
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Project (HYBRID FRAMEWORK)
- Test Automation Framework
- Test Automation Framework Types
- Selenium WebDriver – Hybrid Framework
- Selenium WebDriver Hybrid Framework walk through
- Maven Project and configuring Selenium WebDriver and other APIs using POM xml dependencies and plugins
- Configuring TestNG
- Configuring Apache POI API
- Test Automation Project using Selenium WebDriver & JAVA as code base
- Reflection API
- Developing XPATHs
- Run Test Automation scripts using TestNG Suite and review Test automation Results (Extent Reports)
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Project (PAGE OBJECT MODEL WITH PAGE FACTORY)
- Selenium WebDriver test automation project using Maven
- Selenium WebDriver – Page Object Model / Page Factory (Selenium Framework)
- Selenium WebDriver Page Object Model design pattern walk through as part of Selenium Framework
- Maven pom.xml, dependencies and plugins
- TestNG Testing Framework
- Translating manual test cases into Test Automation Scripts
- Creating Page Object model, object repository and page object methods using Page Factory
- Running Selenium Test Automation scripts using Maven
- Generate Log4J Logs
- Generate ReportNG HTML Report
Test Automation – CUCUMBER BDD FRAMEWORK
- Agile BDD Overview
- Agile BDD Vs. Scrum (product definition)
- BDD Gherkin Specification and Parameterisation
- Cucumber Fundamentals
- Cucumber Plugin
- Cucumber BDD Test Automation Framework walkthrough
- Cucumber Features and (Glue) Test Steps definition
- Cucumber Hooks
- Cucumber Dependency Injection using Picocontainer
- Regular expressions
- Test Automation Project using Cucumber + Selenium WebDriver keywords
- Run Cucumber Test Automation scripts using TestNG runner
- Cucumber Reporting for Maven provides pretty html reports for Cucumber (Behaviour-Driven Development)
- Cucumber Reporting using Cluecumber
Test Automation – Git, Git Hub & Jenkins (Version controlling & Continuous Integration)
- Version Controlling fundamentals
- Git (distributed version control system) & Git installation on Windows
- Git using Eclipse
- Git Configuration
- Maven Project for test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Creating Git Hub Repository
- Cloning from Remote Repository
- End to end demonstration of Creating Branches, Adding to Staging & Committing, Merging to Master and Pushing to Remote
- Continuous Integration fundamentals
- Download Jenkins
- Connect to Jenkins
- Configure Jenkins
- Queue build in Jenkins by committing / pushing changes to Github
- Run maven Tests through Jenkins
TEST AUTOMATION PROJECT – UI AUTOMATION TESTING (Cucumber + Selenium WebDriver)
- Test Automation Project – Automate 2 Test Cases as per the requirements given to you using Cucumber JVM v4.0 Framework.
User Story and Test Scenarios would be given to you. You shall have to prepare feature files (BDD scenarios), develop Steps definitions using Selenium WevDriver & Java.
- Run your automated test case few times and ensure the test passes every time.
- Generate Cucumber report.
- Create a GitHub account and a Repository
- Push the Cucumber BDD project to your GitHub Repo
- Send HTTPS link for your GitHub Repo and Request for Test Automation Project review.
- Update Cucumber BDD test automation script based on feedback
- Push the changes to GitHub
- Request for final re-review.