SOFTWARE TESTER COURSE – 3 MONTHS
Work on 2 Testing Projects covering Manual and Automation Testing
The primary objective of this Software Tester Course is to learn both Manual Testing and Automation Testing from a project perspective while using a job oriented workshop approach. And in a time span of 3 months. This would efficiently help those aspiring to break into IT / Software Testing.
Most importantly, Testing Trainees would experience 1 Manual Testing Project and 1 Automation Testing Project. Furthermore, learn numerous Test Automation Skills from a Project perspective. Subsequently put the Testing essentials into practice through hands-on Manual Testing and Automation Testing Projects. Finally, we will help you with CV preparation.
Software Tester Course primarily comprises of:
- 3 Months (15 hours per week) intense Software Tester Course
- 12 Learning Sessions for Manual Testing
- Work on 1 Manual Testing Project
- Java for Automation Testing – 5 Learning Sessions
- 10 Automation Testing Sessions covering Selenium, Cucumber and Git
- Work on 1 Automation Testing Project using Cucumber BDD and Selenium WebDriver.
- CV preparation on completion of Software Tester Course
- Mentoring through course completion
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market
HIGH LEVEL SOFTWARE TESTER COURSE PLAN (for 3 months)
||Software Tester Course – 3 Months Plan
||Manual Testing – Learn Test Analysis, Test Design and Test Implementation.
Manual Testing Project – Complete Test Preparation tasks.
Learn and perform Test Execution.
||Manual Testing Project – Report bugs, update Test Report and finish working on Test Execution tasks.
Test Automation – Java for Automation Testing
Test Automation – Selenium Foundations
||Test Automation – Test Automation Framework, Git.
Test Automation Project using Selenium & Cucumber BDD
- On successful completion of our Software Tester Course, you shall receive a 3 months Software Testing Workshop Completion Certificate. This covers 3 months manual testing and test automation project activities
- As part of Software Tester Course, you shall grasp how to prepare and deliver various Manual Testing documentation in a productive manner.
- At the end of Manual Testing Training, you will have experience of full software testing project lifecycle.
- Demonstrate qualities essential for a Manual Testing professional in real time.
- Get effective insight into best industry practices and practical hands-on exposure
- Quickly and productively add Test Automation Tools and skills in demand to your CV
- Test Automation Training content designed by considering current software test automation tools in demand and the job market.
- Practical learning experience with live test automation framework and project work.
TRAINEE’S KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (as part of Software Tester Course)
- Analyse Business requirements and Design specifications.
- Derive Test Conditions based on test analysis
- Identify Test Data Requirements for Test Scenarios.
- Develop detailed test cases based on business requirements and design specification.
- Define test data by applying formal Test Case Design techniques.
- Prepare test traceability matrix to attain adequate test coverage.
- Peer review detailed test cases and log review comments.
- Perform functional test case execution as per test plan and approach defined.
- Conduct Exploratory testing by applying session based test management technique.
- Report bugs and demonstrated effective bug hunting techniques.
- Communicate status of testing tasks by collecting metrics & prepare test status report.
TRAINEE’S INVOLVEMENT FOR AUTOMATION TESTING (as part of Software Tester Course Three Months)
Software Tester Course equally focuses on Automation Testing and Manual Testing.
- Hands on experience of test automation using Selenium, Cucumber and Java.
- Hands on experience of Behavioural Driven Development BDD (using Cucumber & Gherkin).
- Experience in source code control using Git.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Most suitable for those who are already into IT (Support function, etc.,) however would like to switch to Software Testing.
- Suitable for those who are seeking to quickly learn Manual Testing and add as many Test Automation skills as possible on their CV.
- Those wishing to apply for entry level Testing jobs using 3 months professional certificate at the end of our Software Testing Training
- Those seeking Mentorship from an Industry expert
- Anyone currently seeking to move into a Manual Testing role or already in a Manual Testing role will benefit from attending this professional Software Testing Course Online
- Anyone seeking project based Manual Testing and hands-on approach should attend this Online Testing Training Course.
- Those willing to get 3 months practical Manual Testing and Automation Testing exposure through Software Tester Course.
- Anyone aspiring to gain hands-on exposure to Manual Testing Projects and Test Analyst/Engineer’s responsibilities.
- Most suitable for those seeking to initially learn manual testing skills and subsequently move from manual testing to test automation development.
- Those wishing to increase their earning potential as IT companies prefer to hire Automation testers who are already trained.
WHAT IS COVERED IN SOFTWARE TESTER COURSE?
MANUAL TESTING CURRICULUM (1.5 Months) + 1 MANUAL TESTING PROJECT
Software Testing Process
- Introduction to IT: Software Development Process, Cross-functional groups, Development Work products
- Software Development Process Models (SDLC)
- V-Model and W-Model – with numerous Software Testing Project examples
- Software Test Engineering
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- ISTQB Software Testing Process / Testing Life cycle (STLC)
- Objectives of Software Testing
- Levels of Testing
- Types of Testing
- Static & Dynamic Testing
- Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, Regression Testing
- Testing Levels – Testing Types correlation
- Test Level Pyramid (System Integration Testing, End to End Testing)
- Integrating STLC into SDLC
- ISTQB Testing Principles (Practical application of Testing principles in various Testing phases in the subsequent sessions)
- Get introduced to various ISTQB Testing Terminologies
- W-Model & Drawback of V-Model
- Test Management Documentation – Test Policy, Test Strategy, Master & Level Test Plan
- Test Plan Components: Scope, Approach, Resources, Schedule, etc.
- Walk through of a Test Plan
- Test Approach in detail
- Test Approach – Types
- Test Approach – Testing Project example
- Testing Project Initiation Phase – Testing Delivery Model
- Test Manager’s Activities during Testing Project Initiation Phase
- Test Engineer’s Activities during project initiation phase
- Test Analysis – Where does it fit in SDLC/STLC?
- Test Analysis Overview
- Test Analysis Tasks
- Types of Test Basis
- Types of Test Basis (Industry example)
- Types of Reviews
- Cost of Quality
- Analysing Test Basis – System Study
- Test Scenario – Overview
- Types of Test Scenarios
- Identifying Test Scenarios for a Testing Project module
- Test Analysis – Deliverables
- Testing Project-2 Assignment
- Practical Testing Interview Q & A.
MANUAL TESTING PROJECT
Besides the learning activities, trainees would get started with their first Manual testing project.
- Test Design – Where does it fit in SDLC/STLC?
- Test Design Tasks
- Testing Techniques: Specification and Experience based
- Testing Techniques: ECP/BVA Testing Techniques, Decision Tables / Use Case Testing
- Testing Techniques: Exploratory Testing , Error Guessing, Test Matrix
- Exploratory Testing – SBTM Testing Technique
- Identifying Test Data Requirements
- Test Case Designing
- Creating Traceability Matrix / Test Coverage
- Significance of Test Traceability Matrix
- Design Test environment setup
- Testing Interview Q & A
Test Implementation Part-1
- Test Implementation Tasks
- Test Case Prioritisation
- Developing Detailed Test Cases
- Test Data Preparation
- Testing Interview Q & A
Test Implementation Part-2
- Test Implementation Tasks
- Peer Reviewing Test Cases
- Building Test Suites
- Specifying Test Procedures
- Test Builds
- Test Environment Validation – Smoke and Sanity Testing
- Practical Testing Interview Q & A
Test Execution Part-1
- Test Execution Tasks
- Test Execution Cycles (Test Plan)
- Entry Criteria (Test Plan)
- Test Case Execution
- Log Test Outcome
- Reporting Bugs
- Bug Hunting Techniques
- Bug Life Cycle
Test Execution Part-2
- Exploratory Testing
- Regression Testing – when to perform?
- Types of Regression Testing
- Test Exit Criteria (Test Plan)
- UAT Process
- UAT Support
- UAT Plan / Deliverables
- Practical Testing Interview Q & A
Test Management, Testing Metrics & Reporting
- Test Management, Testing Metrics & Reporting (Duration: 2.5 hours)
- Test Management Tasks
- Test Monitoring & Control
- Test Estimation
- Collecting Testing Metrics
- Test Reporting
- Test Progress Reports: Preparation, Execution, Defect Trends
- Daily Status Report / Meeting
- Test Closure tasks
Testing Process Management Tools
- Test Automation
- Types of Test Automation
- Test Automation Benefits
- Testing Process Management Tools
- qTest tool for end-end test & defect management
- Jira and Tool Integration with qTest
- End to End demonstration of qTest tool including: Requirements Management, Test Planning, Test Scenarios, Test Case Design, Test Coverage, Test Case Execution, Bug Reporting, Test Reporting and other features of the tool.
AUTOMATION TESTING CURRICULUM (1.5 MONTHS)
+ 1 AUTOMATION TESTING PROJECT
Session 01 - Java Variables & Data Types
- Environments (Java, Junit & Maven)
- Projects Set-up
- Java Syntax
- Data Types
- Type Casting
- JUnit Test Runner
Session 02 - JAVA MINI PROJECT 1 - String Methods
- Strings Methods: Case, Contains, Empty & Null, Matches (RegEx), Split, Extract (RegEx), Conversion
- Regular expressions
- Exception Handling
- JAVA mini project 1
Session 03 - JAVA MINI PROJECT 2 - Operators & Decisions
- Conditional Statements
- JAVA mini project 2
- Multiple Refactoring of JAVA mini project 2
Session 04 - Java Collections & Loops
- Arrays & Object
- Java Collections – Interfaces, List, Set, Maps, ArrayList, HashSet, HashMap
Session 05 - Java Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Class & Objects
- Static & Non-static
- Access Modifiers
- Setter & Getter Methods
- Inheritance & Types
Test Automation - Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-1
- Test Automation Tools Overview
- Selenium WebDriver Overview
- Test Automation Project Examples (Top-down, Test Automation Project delivery approach)
- Setting up Selenium WebDriver
- Transform a low level manual test case into Selenium WebDriver Test Automation script
- Selenium WebDriver & WebElement Interfaces
- Locators – Xpaths
- Developing customised XPATH
- Testing XPATH
Test Automation - Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-2
- JUNIT Testing Framework
- Annotations & Assertions
- Selenium WebDriver Features
- Browser Compatibility
- Handling Dynamic Objects
- Waits – Implicit & Explicit Waits
Test Automation - Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-3
- TestNG Testing Framework
- TestNG Features
- Selenium WebDriver Features extended
- Java Properties file for collating test environment variables and object repository
- Read-Write Excel (Apache POI API) and demonstration of Excel utility functions for reading test cases and test data from Excel file for running test automation scripts
- Data Driven Testing using DataProvider in conjunction with Apache POI API and excel utility
Test Automation - Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-4
Test Automation – Selenium WebDriver Foundations Part-4
- Build Tool – Maven
- Maven Project and configuring Selenium WebDriver and other APIs using POM Dependencies and Plugins
- Selenium Project Examples – Automate Test Cases for various commercial web applications
- Reporting – Extent Reports
- Logs – Generating Log4J Logs
Test Automation - CUCUMBER BDD FRAMEWORK
- Agile BDD Overview
- Agile BDD Vs. Scrum (product definition)
- BDD Gherkin Specification and Parameterization
- Cucumber Fundamentals
- Cucumber Plugin
- Cucumber BDD Test Automation Framework walkthrough
- Cucumber Features and (Glue) Test Steps definition
- Regular expressions
- Test Automation Project using Cucumber + Selenium WebDriver keywords
- Run Cucumber Test Automation scripts using TestNG runner
- Cucumber Reporting for Maven provides pretty html reports for Cucumber (Behaviour-Driven Development)
Test Automation - Git, Git Hub (Version controlling)
- Version Controlling fundamentals
- Git (distributed version control system) & Git installation on Windows
- Git using Eclipse
- Git Configuration
- Maven Project for test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Creating Git Hub Repository
- Cloning from Remote Repository
- End to end demonstration of Creating Branches, Adding to Staging & Committing, Merging to Master and Pushing to Remote
AUTOMATION TESTING PROJECT
Besides the learning activities, trainees would would work on an Automation Testing project.
- Test Automation Project – Automate 1 Test Cases as per the requirements given to you using Cucumber JVM v4.0 Framework.
User Story and Test Scenarios would be given to you. You shall have to prepare feature files (BDD scenarios), develop Steps definitions using Selenium WevDriver & Java.
- Run your automated test case few times and ensure the test passes every time.
- Generate Cucumber report.
- Create a GitHub account and a Repository
- Push the Cucumber BDD project to your GitHub Repo
- Send HTTPS link for your GitHub Repo and Request for Test Automation Project review.
- Update Cucumber BDD test automation script based on feedback
- Push the changes to GitHub
- Request for final re-review.