LIVE AUTOMATION TESTER COURSE - REST-assured & Cucumber for API Automation Testing
Work on an API Automation Testing Project using REST-assured, Cucumber & Java
Firstly, the key objective of LIVE Automation Tester Course is to learn API Test Automation Tools and Skills from a Project Perspective and put the Project Essentials into practice based on hands-on LIVE Automation Testing Projects and numerous examples. This approach helps trainees to quickly and productively add API Automation Testing Tools in demand to CV instead of inefficiently spending several months learning them from a theory perspective.
Secondly, you would work on an Automation Testing Project using Cucumber BDD, REST-assured and JAVA - which would be reviewed by a professional trainer and an automation expert
- LIVE Automation Tester Course Online includes 12 - 15 Sessions (this is tentative - since it's LIVE and there is lots to cover, refer content below)
- Automation Testing Sessions at a high level covers REST-assured Foundations, Cucumber, Postman, Automation Framework development from scratch & End-to-End Project, Wiremock, OAuth, etc
- Realistic and practical LIVE Automation Testing Course starting from the basics to advanced test automation skills from a project view point.
- Work on 1 Automation Testing offline project (hands-on) using REST-assured & Cucumber and receive constructive feedback - refer process below
You should ideally have Java exposure (*NOTE*: Our “Java for Automation Testing” Udemy course shall be provided on registration).
- You are eligible for "LIVE Automation Tester Workshop Completion Certificate" on successful completion of Test Automation Training and 1 Test Automation Project.
- Quickly and productively add API Automation Testing skills in demand to your CV
- Test Automation Training content designed by considering current software test automation tools in demand and the job market.
- Practical learning experience with LIVE test automation frameworks, project work and examples.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those seeking to move from Manual testing to Automation testing
- Test Automation Training is most suitable for Manual Testers who are aiming to break into Test Automation.
- Anyone seeking project based Automation Testing Course Online and hands-on approach should attend this Online Testing Training.
- Those wishing to increase their earning potential as IT companies prefer to hire Automation testers who are already trained and have prior test automation project experience.
WHAT IS COVERED IN LIVE AUTOMATION TESTER COURSE?
Automation Testing, Framework & Automation Pyramid Overview
- Automation testing overview
- What is an Automation Framework?
- Test Automation Pyramid
RESTful, REST-assured & Postman Overview
- WebServices vs Web Application
- WebServices Examples
- Web Services Vs API
- RESTful Web Services
- HTTP Request and Response
- REST-assured overview
- Postman overview
- Environment Setup - Building POM.xml (from scratch)
- REST-assured library
- Chaining Methods
- BaseURI, BasePath & Headers
- Basic Assertions (Junit & Hamcrest)
- Status Codes - JUnit & Hamcrest Assertions
REST-assured Project 1: Parsing JSON elements - various Parsing Techniques
- Json Overview
- JsonPath - Strings & Integer
- JsonPath - Lists, Objects & Maps
- Deserialization & POJO
- Nested Json
REST-assured Project 2: JSON response validation
- HTTP methods – POST, GET, PUT, DELETE
- Params – Path & Query
- Hamcrest Assertions
- Postman Tests
Cucumber & REST-assured Project 3
- Cucumber Overview
- Cucumber Feature file
- Cucumber Glue code: Given-When-Then
- Reading Json test data from external file
- Hamcrest Assertions
Cucumber & REST-assured Framework development - Baselined version
- Maven Project and packages setup
- Cucumber BDD feature
- Step Definitions & Hooks
- Dependency Injection
- Implement Log Utility
- REST Interface
- REST Utility
- Create Enums for capturing API Constants
- Implement Step Defs
- Test Runners
End - End Project 4 - Using Automation Framework
- End to End Project / Real time Application Walkthrough
- Real-time REST API App Intro
- Postman & Chai JS for BDD Feature 1
- Rest-assured Steps for Feature 1
- Rest-assured Assertions for Feature 1
- Further Hamcrest Assertions for Feature 1
- BDD Feature 2 & handling duplicate Steps
- Postman for BDD Feature 2
- Rest-assured Steps (Using JsonPath) for Feature 2
- Method Overloading (for Query parameters) in Rest Utility
- Postman for BDD Feature 3
- Rest-assured Steps for Feature 3
- Test Runners
- Cucumber Reports
- Source code management - Git & GitHub
Push on exploring Rest-assured features
- Wiremock for REST API testing
- Parsing and Validating XML response
- Authentication Methods
- OAuth: Twitter API
AUTOMATION TESTING PROJECT / INTERVIEW CHALLENGE FOR TRAINEES -
API AUTOMATION TESTING (Cucumber + REST-assured + Java)
- Test Automation Project - Automate 1 Test Cases as per test scenario given to you using Cucumber JVM.
User Story and Test Scenario would be given to you. You shall have to prepare feature file (BDD scenarios), develop Steps definitions using REST-assured & Java.
- Run your automated test case few times and ensure the test passes every time.
- Generate Cucumber report.
- Create a GitHub account and a Repository
- Push the Cucumber BDD project to your GitHub Repo
- Send HTTPS link for your GitHub Repo and Request for Test Automation Project review.
- Update Cucumber BDD test automation script based on feedback
- Push the changes to GitHub
- Request for final re-review.