Firstly, if you are thinking of starting a career in IT or switching careers - Software Testing is certainly in high demand. So we recommend you the following steps as an ideal ‘Software Testing Career Path’. Secondly, the steps illustrated should guide you towards becoming a successful Tester. In addition, our personalised mentoring would help you achieve your dream career in Testing. Most importantly, we would mentor until you land a Testing Job and become a Tester through our in-depth Software Testing Courses Online! If you are a Manual Test Engineer who is interested in achieving Test Automation Skills, pursue Test Automation Training. Become an effective Software Tester by following our Software Testing Career Path and pursuing our realistic hands-on Software Testing Courses Online.
How to become a Software Tester with no experience?
- To begin with, you could join hands-on, practical and projects-based Software Testing Training Course like our Software Testing Internship Training. So you will get exposed to 6 months of hands-on software testing experience.
- As part of our 6 Months Testing Course, you will gain in-depth Software Testing exposure in terms of various Manual Testing and Automation Testing projects. You will be carrying out Software Testing tasks for 5 Manual Testing and Test Automation Projects.
- You would get professional mentoring for 6 months, as a result, you would be ready for the Testing jobs market! Moreover, you will gain extensive Manual Testing Training experience and develop Test Automation Skills by working on Testing projects.
How to be a Tester at entry level?
Since you now have 6 months testing workshop exposure, you can now focus on entry level Testing Jobs.
- Soon you have reached the most important step in the Testing career path and thus getting closer to be a Tester – Testing CV preparation, indeed! We shall provide a professional CV template aligning to UK job market, therefore you could prepare your Testing CV and surely, equally essential LinkedIn profile
- Besides, keep updating your Testing CV every time you learn an essential Software Testing Skill, so it could be related to Test Automation Tools like Selenium, Cucumber, API / WebServices Testing or skills related to Testing Processes like Agile Scrum and BDD
- Although sometimes considered optional, but it is a big plus on you CV – Testing Certification! So for this reason, become a ‘certified’ Tester. For instance become an ISTQB certified tester. You could achieve this relatively easily, since our Manual Testing Training course is completely aligned to ISTQB Foundations and beyond!
- So you have lots of Testing exposure, in addition to above all, work on various Testing Exercises in relation to Manual Testing Training and the Test Automation Training Courses
- Including the above vital steps, practicing and rehearsing for Testing Interviews is absolutely necessary – based on our extensive Testing Interview sessions and training material provided in relation to Manual Testing and Test Automation Courses.
How to become a Successful Software Tester?
- Last but not the least, continuous learning around Software Testing is absolutely needed – Read on for more details.. Repeat the last three steps until you land a Software Testing Job.
Software Tester Salary
Why Software Testing is a great career option and one of the highly paid IT jobs?
Software Testing is critical and highest priority for any IT organization. Given that the software applications are primarily in use everywhere, Testers should spot software bugs. And testers should do so before the users find the bugs, hence gaining customers confidence. For this purpose, software testing is constantly performed to increase product quality. In conclusion Software Testing is highly in demand and shall always be in demand.Thus testers play an integral role between business and development teams. Quality product delivered to customers help in gaining their confidence, thus Software Testing is more important than ever. Without software testing an organisation’s reputation is at risk. Hence, Software Test Analysts are highly paid and treated at par with Software Developers. Nevertheless, it is easy to enter into IT through Software Testing and furthermore Test Automation is easy to learn as well.
Software Testing Courses
Watch this FREE video that covers Software Testing Process which is the first session from our 6-months project based Software Testing Course. This should indeed give you an idea of what’s coming up mainly focusing on all the Testing tasks aligning to ISTQB Testing process.
This video session covers the following topics:
- Insight into IT & Software Testing
- Development Process – SDLC and Process Models
- ISTQB Testing Process – STLC
- Testing Objectives, Testing Levels and Testing Types
- Test Level Pyramid (SIT and E2E)
- Integrating STLC into SDLC
- ISTQB Testing Principles
Why is Software Testing a highly desirable position in the IT industry
Hope you have enjoyed watching the manual testing training session! Test Engineer’s primary job is to continually test the software to find bugs. And of course ensure that the product works as designed before it is released to the customers.
If you have ever wondered how to be a test analyst – to clarify you just have to be a quick learner who is detail oriented. While you don’t have to know the code behind the software, you do need to be able to analyse the requirements.
You will gain hands on experience by practicing in real time on various Software Testing Projects and Exercises. This is highly important to land a Testing job and be productive from day one. And perform day-to-day testing tasks while performing Tester’s responsibilities. So surely join our testing training online and we will provide continued mentoring until you secure a Testing Job.
What is Software Testing / Test Engineering?
Let’s rephrase the question “How to become a Software Tester” – like so – How to become an ‘effective’ Software Test ‘Engineer’?
So what’s the difference? We have to bring in engineering perspective into everything we would want to achieve. That is perform any activity methodically therefore the result is always effective. Software Testing is no exception. In fact without a logical approach to testing is meaningless!
With over a decade of mentoring and coaching, my definition of Software Test Engineering is as follows: “it is a systematic approach for conducting investigation and exploration in relation to the quality of software.” And Quality is accomplished by meeting customer’s requirements. Test Engineers' play a critical role in software application development. Read the Ministry of testing’s definition for Software Testing.
Software Testing Projects
Work your way through our Testing Projects. So you are halfway ready to be a Tester, that is ready for the Testing/IT industry jobs market! Gain 3 months Manual Testing Training projects’ exposure. And 3 months Automation testing and receive 6-months Testing Workshop completion certificate.
3 Manual Testing Projects and 2 Automation Testing projects are run as part of our Testing Internship Training Course. Your project work is reviewed by an expert mentor. Project based manual testing activities are aligned to ISTQB Testing Process.
Test Automation Training
Why Test Automation is an Essential Skill for Testers?
You could possibly become a Tester based on Manual Testing Course. Without a doubt, to increase the chance of landing interview calls you will have to undergo Test Automation Training Course. Many IT employers look for potential Tester candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, however it's not always required. It should be noted that you can come from any academic background and definitely make Software Testing as a career! Clearly, anyone can pursue Testing as a career. Whereas with the right exposure in terms of Software Testing Courses and with an experienced mentor, you will gain more confidence. It is absolutely necessary to quickly and productively add Test Automation Tools and skills in demand to your CV.
So you've gained the Manual Testing Training Course experience and mentor’s solid reference. Along with exposure to Test Automation, it's possible to land a Testing Job without a college degree. With software & IT being an area that will always grow, Testers have one of the most secure jobs in the IT industry.
You don’t necessarily need extensive programming experience to enrol for Test Automation Training. We will introduce you to programming required from a Test Automation Engineers view point. Watch this FREE video around JAVA Foundations from a Test Automation Project perspective.
Subsequently, learn how to setup Test Automation Tools and environment. Plan to learn all the essential Test automation skills to showcase your Testing skills portfolio - your Testing CV.
Software Testing CV - Building your Testing CV
This is one of the critical steps in order to become a Tester. We shall assist you in building a professional Testing CV aligned to job market expectations.
- First, you will prepare a testing CV based on a professional template provided by us
- Second, we would review and provide feedback on your CV
- Thirdly, post your CV on job boards like Jobsite, Total Jobs, CW Jobs, Reed, Jobserve
- Last but not the least, keep your CV up-to-date with the new testing skills added to your portfolio
Your Testing CV Skills section shall look as follows:
|Test Specialisation||Test Automation Tools, Agile Testing, Agile Testing Techniques (Risk Based Testing, Exploratory Testing, Pair Testing), Web Services Testing / API Testing|
|Methodologies||W Model, Agile - Scrum & BDD|
|Test Automation Tools||Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber BDD, JUnit, TestNG, Ant, Maven|
|Test Automation Frameworks||Hybrid Framework (Keyword + Data driven), Page Object Model Design Pattern (With PageFactory), Behaviour Driven Development Framework|
|Languages||SQL, Java, XML, XPath|
|Operating systems||Windows, UNIX|
|Other Tools||Agile Central (ALM), Eclipse, SoapUI, Postman, Toad, ReportNG, ExtentReports|
|Version controlling & Continuous Integration||Git & Jenkins|
Software Testing CV - Keeping it up to date
Update your Testing CV every time you learn an essential Testing Skill. It could be pertaining to Test Automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, API / WebServices Testing. Or any skills related to Testing Processes like Agile Scrum and BDD.
Software Testing Certifications
Testing Certifications are vital for testers, thus you should consider getting one or more certifications. This is in order to prove your mettle and getting attention of recruiters and potential employers.
Most important certification is called ISTQB. It consists of several levels. But you will start with ISTQB Foundation and it would take several years of experience before you can take the next level.
The following two most popular certifications should give you an edge on your CV to begin with, in your testing career path.
• ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation: British Computer Society software testing certification pathway supports your learning and progression in the software testing industry. In their Software testing certification portfolio, ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level is the first step for understanding, applying and analysing the concepts of software testing.
• ISTQB Certified Agile Tester: British Computer Society’s ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester Extension will help you understand the principles behind Agile Testing and the competencies you need to be an effective part of the agile team.
Software Testing Exercises
Based on our practical, job-centric and hands-on Testing Training Courses you would gain real time software testing experience. Also an opportunity to work on Manual and Automation Testing Project assignments.
Within the context of our realistic Test Automation Training, you would gain exposure to hot Testing Skills in demand:
Test Automation (Selenium, Cucumber), Agile Testing (Scrum and BDD), WebServices Testing (SoapUI), API Testing (Postman), SQL for Test Engineers and UNIX.
To further your exposure in terms of both the courses that is Manual Testing and Test Automation, attempt all the Software Testing Exercises.
Software Testing Interviews
Undoubtedly, this is one of the crucial steps in testing career path. We shall help you accomplish it.
- Practice mock interviews, watch the 4-hours-worth-of-software-testing-interview-sessions for Manual Testing through Software Testing Internship Training
- We shall mentor you to establish confidence in facing Testing interviews
- Rehearse Manual Testing interviews
- Prepare for test automation interview questions available in the test automation testers portal
How To Find Job Opportunities In Software Testing
Firstly, apply for Freelance Software Testing Jobs and gain experience by Testing real-time applications. You could get paid whilst testing software applications. Most importantly you would gain Tester skills and vast real Testing experience that can be transferred to your CV !
Simultaneously, subscribe for Software Testing vacancies on the following job portals.
And the following actions need to be taken:
- Reach out to selected people in your network about potential opportunities at their companies
- Connect with job consultants on LinkedIn and keep an eye out for any jobs they share.
- Look up directly on company websites for their testing careers pages.
Continuous Learning In Software Testing
One of the things I enjoy the most about being a Mentor and a Software Test Engineer/Manager is how much I get to learn and discover on a daily basis. So if you want to focus on Testing career path, learn from each and every Software Testing adventure on your journey. As a result, your Software Testing career will be progressing in the right direction.
We suggest you to follow these to be on the learning curve:
Also repeat the last 3 activities until you land a Software Testing Job!
Keep learning and happy Testing!!
You could become a Tester by pursuing our Testing Career Path.
So get a mentor who can help you get your Software Testing Career heading in the right path. By enrolling with us, you will have a mentor to bounce your ideas. We will mentor until you Become a Software Tester!